“Your body has an innate power to heal itself once you allow it to return to a state of equilibrium.”
As soon as I started reading ‘The Rain Barrel Effect’ by Dr. Stephen Cabral, I was hooked. Not only is it full of wisdom, information and tools to use but it’s also backed up by experience, decades of study and a whole lot of research.
Dr. Stephen Cabral shares his own journey with his health and how he regained power over his health through his own healing – he talks about how the health of our bodies is similar to the rain barrel effect and that there’s only so much we can take, both physically and mentally, before we start to show signs of suffering.
As well as explaining the meaning behind the title of the book, he goes through his DESTRESS protocol to help free your body of toxins, so that you can be the healthiest version of yourself possible.
why i love it:
- It gives you a new outlook on the health of your mind and body
- It covers relevant topics about health and wellness that aren’t conventionally spoken about
- It looks at your health from a holistic approach (something I am so passionate about)
- It not only shows the research behind the information but how you can apply healing processes to your life
- It goes through a step by step guide where you can pick and choose what to focus on next
- It’s relevant for almost any human being in this modern day world full of toxins, technology and increased stress
what it covers:
- The toxic ‘enemies’ of the world
- What the rain barrel effect is and how it applies to your health
- Dr. Stephen Cabral’s health journey and how he became the naturopathic doctor he is today
- The tools to teach you to monitor your own rain barrel
- How your environment could affect your health
- The DESTRESS protocol that he uses in his own private practice to lead you back to optimum health including diet, exercise, toxicities and so much more!
why you should read it:
- If you’re looking to better your health
- If you’re looking to cleanse your environment to better your health and well-being.
- To learn more about the toxins in our environment and how they could potentially lead us to ill health
- If you’re fed up of feeling drained, sluggish, irritable and tired
- If you’re curious about naturopathic medicine and want to know more about how he runs his practice
- If you’re looking for a different way to view the health of our bodies
- If you’re ready to re-educate yourself on the health problems affecting the world today and how we can protect our bodies to the best of our ability.
- If you’re ready to take your health and well-being to the next level
“What you put into your mouth most likely has more of an effect on your health than anything else in your life.”
“[Chronic disease] is a slow gradual wearing down of our body’s defences that eventually gives way to poor health.”
“Their disease is merely their body’s expression of an inward imbalance – or overload of toxins that it is trying desperately to fight and eliminate, so it can maintain homeostasis within the body.”
“When you treat the symptoms you are missing the target completely, since the symptoms are a response of the body to an underlying root cause issue.”
“Genetics loads the gun, but it’s the environment that pulls the trigger.”