Ok...so are you ready for your new favourite side dish?
I am a HUGE fan of garlic bread, and after really enjoying my broccoli loaf I just needed to try making one with cauliflower. It’s so versatile when it comes to cooking and baking that I thought, why not turn it into garlic bread?!
Now, full disclosure, this was quite soft on the inside so couldn’t class it as a bread, but omg - I HAD to share it with you because it was just sooo good!! It’s perfect as a side or even a snack! Yum!
It’s vegan and can be made gluten free too (if you use gluten free flour or even buckwheat flour).
MAKES 6 SLICES
- 1 large head of Cauliflower
- 85ml unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Flax Egg*
- 45g Ground Almonds
- 75g Plain Flour
- 25g Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1tsp Garlic Powder
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- Salt to season
*To make the flax egg, mix 3tsp flaxseeds with 6tsp water and set to one side to firm up.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (180 degrees fan assisted) and line a small loaf tin with baking paper.
- Steam the cauliflower until soft. Once cool, blend it with the milk in a food processor until smooth and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Mix through the rest of the ingredients until smooth and transfer to the baking tray.
- Cover the tin with tin foil and bake tor 20 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Allow the loaf to cool completely before cutting into slices.