This dip is so versatile - It's great to make for a quick and easy snack to grab from the fridge, to make for dinner parties, or even add to cooking sauces! I made it first a few weeks back for a party and am now obsessed!
So why is it good for you?
- Olive oil is a natural anti inflammatory!
- Red peppers (or capsicums depending on how you say it!) is super high in Vitamin C and are packed with antioxidants and phytonutrients which have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Brazil nuts are a great source of magnesium - they promote heart health, boosts immunity and aids thyroid function.
- Almonds are also a great source of magnesium as well as vitamin E.
- Walnuts promote hearth health, supports blood sugar regulation and reduces inflammation.
- Garlic boosts immunity, reduces blood pressure and promotes heart health.
- Tomatos are a great source of vitamin C and they also reduce inflammation and promote heart health.
Can you see a pattern in the ingredients there? In short: This recipe is anti-inflammatory, full of vitamins that boost your immunity and promote heart health!
So let's get on with the recipe!
- 4 red peppers
- 1/2 tsp cumin, paprika, turmeric
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 85g mixed nuts (or any nut of your choice)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make it:
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (fan) or 200 degrees Celsius.
- Dice the red pepper and roast for 20 mins until soft.
- Let the red pepper cool down and then blend all the ingredients together!
- Season to taste
- Add more olive oil or water if it's too thick and if it's too runny add some more nuts to thicken it up!
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW TO SEE HOW TO MAKE IT: