Are you ready for a super hot but scrummy curry that will leave your tastebuds and tummy happy and satisfied??
If you love a bit of heat in your cooking and are a spice fiend like me then you will LOVE this curry! I LOVE jalapeños and whoever knows me, knows that I add black pepper to everything (including toast ).
Prawns are super quick and easy to cook, that this dish makes a perfect weekday dinner. This recipe is pretty much fool proof (apart from deveining prawns!!) and in all honesty I could have eaten the entire curry (but alas, I had to share it with Ben).
Who else loves spicy food?
- 1 Onion
- 1tbsp chopped Jalapeños
- 1/2 Carrot
- 1 Capsicum (I used a mix of green and red)
- 150g King Prawns
- 200ml Coconut Milk
- 1/2tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2tsp Crushed Black Peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- Finely chop the onion, thinly slice the carrot and capsicum and fry them in a non-non stick pan for 10 minutes until softened (you can use a little oil if needed).
- Add the spices and jalapeños(leave the salt for now).
- Devein the prawns and add them to the pan, frying them for 3-5 minutes until cooked.
- Stir through the coconut milk and season with a little salt to taste. Heat the coconut milk and make sure all spices are mixed through before serving.