This recipe is one that I’ve been trying to perfect for a while now and last night I finally managed it! Omg guys...you need this in your life! It’s seriously so comforting, warm, delicious and hearty. Perfect comfort food.
It can also be made vegan using meat-free mince and vegan cheese!
I served mine on steamed veggies but Ben loves his with pasta, so it’s totally versatile!
Oh...did I mention there are hidden and undetectable veggies in there too?! AMAZING right?!
- 500g Mince of choice (I used 5% Beef Mince)
- 400g Chopped Tinned Tomatoes
- 75g Cheddar Cheese (can use vegan cheese)
- 30g Grated Parmesan (if vegan, you can use 1tbsp Nutritional Yeast)
- 1 Potato
- 1 Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Courgette
- 1tbsp Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1tsp Garlic Powder
- 1tsp Onion Granules
- 1tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (180 degrees fan assisted).
- Finely grate the courgette, dice the onion and crush the garlic cloves. Fry them in a non-stick pan for 5 minutes until softened. You can use a little oil if needed.
- Add in the mince and continue to cook for 5 minutes until browned.
- Add in the Italian herbs seasoning, the beef stock cube and tinned tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes until reduced and transfer to a pie dish.
- Grate the cheese and sprinkle this over the top.
- Finely slice the potato to create very thin slices and place these on top in a circular pattern.
- Season the topping with Parmesan, garlic powder, onion granules, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cover the pie dish with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the tin foil and bake for a further 30 minutes.
Want more yummy food? Try my latest Health-Full Eating ebook!