Part 4 of the exercise series is here and it’s ready and waiting for you to get a sweat on! This week I’m sharing a 5-minute cardio sequence for you. It’s low impact, which means no jumping or bouncing around but trust me when I say this – you WILL feel it! This workout targets every part of your body from your legs and booty to your abs and arms.
So put your hair up, roll your mat out and enjoy working on toning your whole body!
Click on the link below to watch the video or keep reading to find out more about this workout.
- 5 exercises
- 1 minute per exercise
Squat & kick
- Start by doing a narrow squat with your feet placed directly underneath your hips.
- In the squat position think about putting your weight into your heels and creating lots of length through your torso.
- Power through your legs as you come back to standing and kick one leg out in front of you.
- As you kick the leg, push forward with your heel and create lots of energy from your hip all the way through to your toe.
- Squat back down, power through your legs to come back to standing and then kick with the other leg.
- Alternate which leg you kick.
- The lower down you go in your squat, the more you’ll feel your glutes fire up!
Squat with leg raise
- Start with a narrow squat and then power through your legs back to stand.
- Extend one leg out to the side, engaging your thigh muscles and feel as though you’re lengthening out of your hip sockets.
- Create lots of energy and lots of length all the way through your leg from your hip to your toes.
- Then squat and repeat on the other side.
Squat & reach
- This time stand with your legs wider than your hips and squat from this position (wide squat).
- Lengthen through your torso, keeping your chest lifted.
- Reach your fingers towards the floor.
- Power up through your legs back to standing.
- Lift your arms towards one corner and extend your opposite leg to the other corner.
- Create lots of energy through the body and lengthen from the fingertips all the way through to your toes.
- Then squat back down, reaching your fingers back down towards the floor and repeat the reach on the other side.
Walk out plank
- Start in a wide squat position with your hands on your knees.
- Lower one hand at a time towards the floor.
- Keeping your arms straight, engage the core and then, one at a time, step both legs behind you until your body is in a plank position.
- Keep your shoulders pulled down your back and away from your ears.
- Engage those deep core muscles to help support your lower back and to prevent the middle of your back from bowing.
Plank with leg raise
- Start off in a plank position.
- Make sure your hands are directly under your shoulders and keep your arms as straight as possible.
Pull your shoulders away from your ears and down your back.
- Slightly tuck your pelvis underneath and squeeze your glutes to activate that support system for your lower back.
- Lengthen through both of your legs.
- On the exhale, lift one leg off the floor, extending the leg all the way from the hip joint to your heel.
- Inhale to lower the leg.
- Then repeat on the other side.